Sunday hiking tours
Our guided tours:
- Path of the Fairy tale: it’s a very peaceful trail that start in Pescia and cross the country side going to Collodi. The first part is quite flat, but the second one rises the hill with about 300m of elevation gain.
- Buggiano and Colle: it’s an interesting trail that will let you visit ancient villages and find out ancient mills along the stream.
- The old oak of Pinocchio: the trail will lead you in woodlands and countryside visiting the oak that inspired Carlo Lorenzini (Collodi) for the novel of Pinocchio.
- Vinci countryside: the trail will let you find out the wonderful landscape of the natal town of the genius Leonardo da Vinci.
- Monsummano Alto: this is a wonderful trail rising the hill of Monsummano. A particular flora and the abandoned village are the richness of this trail.
- Fucecchio marshes: a very flat and easy trail between history and nature not far from Monsummano.
- Poggio alla Guardia: visit the hills near Montecatini and find out the small bridge where Dante Alighieri is supposed to be passed on.
05 May 2019 Buggiano and Colle (guided by Donatella) Download PDF Status: Closed
12 May 2019 Monsummano Alto (guided by Andrea) Download PDF Status: Closed
19 May 2019 Fucecchio marshes (guided by Andrea) Download PDF Status: Closed
02 June 2019 Path of the Fairy tale – Download PDF – Status: Gathering bookings
09 June 2019 Poggio alla Guardia – Download PDF – Status: Gathering bookings
16 June 2019 Monsummano Alto – Download PDF – Status: Gathering bookings
23 June 2019 Vinci countryside – Download PDF – Status: Gathering bookings
30 June 2019 The old oak of Pinocchio – Download PDF – Status: Gathering bookings
Where we will meet
Every Sunday morning starting from 8.45 AM a local tourist guide will lead a hiking tour in nature in and around the area of Montecatini Terme. The trails will need 3-4 hours to complete. Explore the birthland of Leonardo da Vinci and Pinocchio and enjoy the green Tuscan landscape with your family! English speaking qualified tourist guides will bring you and your family on easy natural trails to discover the many pearls of the Valdinievole territory. You only need comfortable shoes, a brimmed hat, an anorak, water, a snack, a car to reach the starting point. A digital camera, a binocular and sunscreen are strongly recommended.
Every Sunday morning at 8.45 AM one or more guides will meet the participants in the big car-park on Bustichini road —Montecatini Terme — opposite the Panoramic Hotel. If you wish, at the car park you can decide to share your car with other participants or to go in their car, so as to bring as few cars as possible to the destination.The guide will wait until 9.00 and then will leave with the group. The trail will need 3-4 hours to complete on foot.
Book a guided tour with HikingTuscany.com the price is 12€ per person. Children under 8 pay 6€. Children under 5 go free. Booking is strictly required. You can book your hiking tour only writing an email with your name and the number of persons you will come with and the age of each one. Please book your hiking tour writing to info @ hikingtuscany . com or simply by doing click here.
Bookings will be accepted until 12.00 AM of the Saturday before. Minimum number of persons is 8. We will send you an e-mail on Saturday afternoon, to confirm the tour or inform you that the tour has been cancelled (in case minimum number has not been reached). Click on the yellow button here for book now!